What made me do this wild, way out there what-could-you possibly be thinking act? I don't do this kind of thing.
It was Connie. Her site. Her words. Her video blogs. The way she is living her life. I found it very much in line with what I want for myself, and I knew that I wanted to go deeper, learn more, and expand my creative potential exponentially.
And I knew that Connie was exactly the person I could do this with. I'd never talked to her before. I didn't even e-mail her any questions about the class. I just signed up and sent my $500.00 deposit before I could chicken out.
So, how did I know? What does Connie do that you too, can do as you start to get your own site up and running?
She let me "see" her in a few different ways. Through her video blogs-I watched "vlogs" that covered years of time, she got dreads, she cut them off, I felt like I was going through the process with her. Her written posts too, were so wide open and soaked with her truth that I connected with her in my own heart. I returned several times to her post about leaving her job and starting her own business as this resonated deeply with me.
I took her free online tutorial "Total Alignment" and knew that this type of creating was for me. I wanted to sign up for "BIG" but it was full. Ignite had openings and by this time, I was hooked.
I started learning everything I could about Intuitive Painting (which I had never heard of before) and I took the HUGE LEAP of signing up for the Ignite Teacher Training Class. (Remember I had never taken a painting class or an online class before...)
Turns out, I absolutely love the class and feel like it is one of the best things I have ever done for myself. It's given me the confidence to start putting myself out there: making and selling my artwork, teaching art classes, collaborating with other artists...it's expanding my world exponentially-just as I'd hoped.
As I work to build my own site and online business, I'm noticing what captivates me about other people's sites. How did Connie get me from never painting or taking an online class to jumping right in with my entire self and a good chunk of money?
What can you learn from her online presence?
- Look at the whole picture you are creating-I was attracted to Connie's lifestyle. Doing yoga, making art, collaborating with other artists, participating in raising feminine energy-these are the things that drew me in because that's the lifestyle I'm looking for. I paid my money to move my life in a positive direction and to help others do the same, not just to learn how to teach painting. What do you have to offer that pulls people in? What is it about you.
- Provide samples of what people will get from working with you. I love Connie's artwork and she displays it frequently. She shares how she creates it. She holds painting parties where you can join her to paint online. I want to be able to create powerfully and fearlessly, which is another reason I signed up. What can you show people to demonstrate your work? Look for ways to visually share what the outcome of working with you will be. If you don't have a tangible product, guide people to create an image in their mind, maybe through description, testimonies or sharing the accomplishments of those who have worked with you in the past. Help them paint a picture of what they will get out of working with you.
- Give away something powerful for FREE. Connie does this with Total Alignment. It gives people an introduction, a taste of what's to come. It makes me want more.
- Make it easy for people to sign up. With Connie's classes, you just click on the class, you're taken to the registration form and from there it's simple.
- Make it easy for people to pay you: Connie offers a payment plan, but gave us a discount for paying in full (it was a $500.00 discount for the class I'm taking!) You may also want to consider this as it makes it easier for people to spread the payments out, but gives an incentive for paying upfront. Perfect. Whether you're selling a painting or a class-some people may need to spread the payments out. Connie uses Paypal to collect the payments.
Thanks to all who signed up to have me look at your sites. I love to see the beauty you are shining out to the world through your art and your spirit! If you missed the freebie day, but want me to take a look at your site, contact me at: email@example.com